среда, 9 июня 2010 г.

Matching worksheet

Match the highlighted phrasal verbs with the best definition:

(a) The gas heater blew up and destroyed the house. do again
(b) Can you take care of my dog while I’m away? choose
(c) If you come across a post office, can you buy some stamps? get up
(d) Did anybody come up with a solution? look after
(e) This year I’m going to cut down on junk food. quit
(f) There are so many mistakes we’ll have to do it over. exploded
(g) I dropped by friend’s house on my way home. arrived
(h) His grades were so bad that he decided to drop out of university. met by chance
(i) Do you want to order in or eat out? used up
(j) I don’t get along with Jack so I’d prefer if you didn’t invite him. stand, bare
(k) Why don’t you look up his address in the phone book? delay
(l) You can’t trust him because he makes up stories all the time. think of
(m) She picked out a long black dress to wear. find by chance
(n) We put off our vacation plans until next year. reduce
(o) I am not going to put up with the noise and garbage anymore. eat at a restaurant
(p) I want to get rid of some old clothes. have a good relationship
(q) I ran into my old friend at the movie theater. visit
(r) Our car ran out of gas so we had to walk two hours to the gas station. undress
(s) After we set up the tent, we started to make dinner. answer rudely
(t) He showed up two hours late. make quieter
(u) You should take off those wet clothes. arrange
(v) Jake talked back to his mother so his mother punished him. tell lies
(w) I turned down the volume after the neighbors complained. search for, find
(x) I usually wake up at five in the morning. remove, throw away

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий